Applying a Jordan visa for Filipinos was not that easy for me. However, with research and persistence, I was able to spend five wonderful weeks in Jordan.
I need to warn you that applying for a visa in the Philippines, as we all know has always been complicated. In this article, I will show you how I was able to obtain a visa.
Applying in the Philippines
So here’s how it goes: the Jordanian Consulate in Manila is an honorary consulate thus the process takes longer (3-4 months). As soon as you lounge your application in Manila, it will be sent to Tokyo. After reviewing, the Jordanian Consulate in Tokyo will send it to the Ministry of Interior in Amman for the final approval.
Follow the steps below in how to apply for a Jordan visa for Filipinos in the Philippines and make sure to be diligent.
Step 1: Prepare the documents you need in applying for a Jordan visa
- Accomplished Jordan visa application form that should be filled out electronically. Complete the form and remember not to leave anything blank. Put “N/A” if not applicable.
- Photocopy of your passport data page. Make sure your passport is valid for 6 months for the duration of the trip.
- If you have a friend from Jordan, you can request a letter of invitation as long as he/she is a Jordanian citizen/resident. Along with that, your host/sponsor will need to provide a photocopy of the data page of their passport. If it’s a non-Jordanian citizen living in Jordan, they will need to provide more documents such as house lease, work permit or employment certificate. For guaranteed results, ask your host for relevant documents even if the consulate will not ask for it. Remember that your host should clarify they will be sponsoring your trip and will guarantee your departure from Jordan.
- If you don’t have a sponsor, you will need to write a letter of intent stating your purpose of visit to Jordan. You will also need to prove that you have financial capabilities to shoulder the trip.
- If you are going to Jordan with a tour operator, you can request a certification from them stating that you paid for the trip.
- 2×2 ID picture (2 pieces) with white background.
- If staying in a hotel, you need to present your booking reservations. You don’t have to pay right away. Booking.com allows you to book prior to departure without payment. If your Jordan visa will be denied, your reservations at Booking.com can be canceled without a fee. Just make sure you choose the properties that don’t charge cancellations. If you will be staying at your host’s house, he/she can indicate that in the letter of invitation.
- Airline booking reservation is also required.