Wifi — the greatest challenge for us who are sustaining our travels through online jobs. I’ve had a lot of on-the-verge-of-being-fired situations just because of this. I missed a very important Skype meeting when I was in Bolivia; I failed to complete a task for my job because of the unreliable connection in Ecuador; I almost got fired while traveling Paraguay because of.. well, wifi.
What really sucks is that hostel wifis are always (almost) not functioning and that I have to go out. spend extra bucks to work in a cafe. It’s as if my salary from my online job has to have a budget for ‘wifi’ when push comes to shove. The digital nomad lifestyle can be very expensive at times when good wifi connection is not accessible.
My younger days in Milan required a lot of caffeine, nicotine and internet sessions because of school. Every day, me and my classmates would gather around for cheap coffee to finish our projects due in 24 hours. I wasn’t blogging professionally then but when a fellow blogger (who is currently in Italy) asked me about the best (and cheap) wifi spots in Milan, I thought of writing a post to help other digital nomads with their travels.
Note that this post does not aim to review food, but to give valuable information about the best wifi cafes in Milan, Italy, most especially for the digital nomad. Though I could do some food recommendations on the side. 😉
1. Mag Cafe – Ripa di Porta Ticinese, 43. I highly recommend their wide selection of aperitivos and cocktails. Mind you, they take their cocktails seriously — it’s really really good!
2. Gogol & Company – Via Savona, 101. A bookstore and a coffee shop, all in one.
3. Pavé – Via Felice Casati 27. Start your day with a fresh baked bread and coffee to help finishing your work!
4. Libreria del Mondo Offeso – Via Cesare Cesariano 7. Probably my favourite because of the cozy library setting!
5. Botega Caffè Cacao – Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi 12. Cremosino coffee and hot chocolate are worth it.
6. Caffè della Pusterla – Via Edmondo de Amicis 22. Try their aperitivos for only 2 euros!
Best of luck to all my digital nomad friends and may the force be with you! Want more information about living/traveling in Italy? E-mail me at trishavelarmino[at]gmail[dot]com.